REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the fender apron liner and right engine under cover.
- Remove the drive belts.
- Remove the cruise control actuator and bracket.
- Remove the power steering reservoir and the alternator, if necessary for clearance.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley, using the proper procedures.
- Remove the bolts and remove the lower timing belt cover with the gasket. Remove the upper cover first, if necessary, to remove the lower cover.
- Using the proper procedures, remove the timing belt and timing belt guide.
- Remove the crankshaft timing pulley. Use shop towels to prevent damage to the pulley.
- Using a cutting tool, cut off the oil seal lip.
- Using a prying tool, pry out the oil seal. Tape the tool tip to avoid damage to the crankshaft.
- To install, apply multi-purpose grease to the lip of the seal.
- Using a seal driver, tap in the oil seal until its surface is flush with the oil pump case edge.
- Install the crankshaft timing pulley, aligning the pulley set key with the key groove of the pulley. Make sure the flange side faces inward.
- Reverse the remaining removal procedures to complete installation.