REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 30 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work. Do NOT attempt to disassemble the bumper shocks, since they may be under high pressure.
- Remove the radiator support upper seal, if equipped.
- Remove the front inner fender liners.
- Remove the front lamp assemblies and disconnect the wiring to each.
- Remove the retaining screws and the grille from the vehicle for clearance.
- Disconnect the front bumper energy absorbers, supporting the bumper.
- Remove the upper and the lower bumper reinforcements.
- Remove the bumper from the vehicle with the help of an assistant.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Remove the rear floor inner trim plate and side luggage trim to gain access to the fasteners, if necessary.
- Remove the license plate lamp.
- Remove the bumper cover fasteners and remove the cover by pulling rearward.
- Remove the rear bumper energy absorbers and side support as required.
- Remove the bolts retaining each bumper arm from the vehicle. Remove the bumper assembly from the vehicle with the help of an assistant.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.