REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 30 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- If equipped with power door locks, windows or any other power option located on the door, remove the inner door panel and disconnect the electrical components.
- Remove the wire harness retainers and extract the harness from the door.
- Matchmark the position of both the upper and lower door hinge to aid in installation. Disconnect the door stop.
- While supporting the door, remove the door-to-hinge bolts and lift the door from the vehicle.
- Position the door on the vehicle and loosely install the hinge bolts.
- Align each hinge to the matchmarks and secure the bolts.
- Install and connect the electrical wire harness and secure to the door, if removed.
- Reinstall the interior door trim panel, if removed.
- Close the door slowly and check for proper alignment. Adjust the door as required and reconnect the negative battery cable.
To adjust the door in forward, rearward and vertical directions, perform the following:
- To adjust door in forward/rearward and vertical directions, loosen the body side hinge bolts and position the door as required.
- Adjust door in left/right and vertical directions by loosening the door side hinge bolts and positioning the door as required.
Adjust the door lock striker:
- Check that the door fit and door lock linkages are adjusted correctly.
- Adjust the striker position by slightly loosening the striker mounting screws, and hitting the striker with a hammer.
- Tighten the striker mounting screws again.