- Clamp the knuckle in a vise with protected jaws.
- Remove the dust deflector, if equipped. Loosen the nut holding the ball joint to the knuckle. Use a ball joint separator tool or equivalent to loosen and remove the joint.
- Remove the inner oil seal.
- Remove the snapring. Remove the dust cover.
- Using a hub puller, pull the axle hub from the knuckle.
- Remove the inner bearing race from the bearing. Remove the ABS tone ring, if equipped. Remove the outer race.
- Remove the outer oil seal. Remove the hub bearing.
- Install the ABS tone ring, if equipped. Install a new bearing assembly into the knuckle with a press.
- Install a new outer oil seal. Apply multi-purpose grease to the seal lip.
- Install the dust cover, applying sealer for water resistance.
- Install the axle hub, applying multi-purpose grease between the oil seal lip, oil seal and bearing. Press the hub into the steering knuckle.
- Install the snapring.
- Install the inner oil seal. Apply grease to the seal lip and driveshaft surface.
- Install the ball joint to the steering knuckle (See Lower Ball Joint).
- Install the brake disc and caliper to the steering knuckle.
- Install the speed sensor or dust deflector.