- Make the front wheels straight and jack up the front of the vehicle.
- Place an 7.09-7.87 in. (180-200mm) wooden block under one front tire.
- Slowly lower the jack until there is about half a load on the front strut spring.
- Support the front of the vehicle with jackstands for safety.
- Make sure that the front wheels are still straight and block them.
- Move the lower suspension arm up and down and check that there is no vertical play in the joint.
- If there is play in the joint, replace it.
- Repeat the procedure for the other side.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the steering knuckle with axle hub and mount assembly in a vise.
- Remove the dust deflector.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut. Using a puller, remove the lower ball joint.
- Install the lower ball joint and temporarily tighten with the old nut to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). Remove the old nut and tighten a new nut to final specifications.
- Install a new cotter pin.
- Install dust deflector. Install steering knuckle with axle hub.