REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect stabilizer links from stabilizer bar.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar brackets (note position of bushing) from the body.
- Disconnect the exhaust system center pipe (2wd vehicles) or driveshaft assembly (4wd vehicles), as necessary.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle. Examine the insulators (bushings) carefully for any sign of wear and replace them if necessary.
- Install stabilizer bar bushings in the correct position. Place the bar in position and reconnect the exhaust system. Install the driveshaft assembly if necessary.
- Temporarily install stabilizer bar brackets. Install both stabilizer bar links and torque link nuts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Stabilize suspension. Bounce the vehicle up and down several times to stabilize the suspension.
- Jack up vehicle and safely support the body with stands. Remove the front wheels. Support the lower arm with a jack and block of wood. Torque the fasteners to specifications.
- Install front wheels and lower the vehicle.
- Check front wheel alignment.