REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles equipped with inflatable restraints or air bag systems, wait at least 30 seconds after disconnecting the battery cable before performing any other work. The backup power will keep the restraint system energized for a period of time after the battery is disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the center console, if necessary for clearance (See ).
- Carefully disconnect the ECU connectors.
- Remove the bracket and ECU fasteners, then remove the ECU.
- Install the ECU and bracket assembly and secure in place.
- Connect the ECU connectors. Use care when reconnecting the connectors, since bending terminals can cause damage.
- Install the center console and reconnect the negative battery cable.