REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 3S-GE and 3S-GTE Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the vacuum sensing hose at the regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel return pipe or hose.
- Remove the retaining bolts and the regulator.
- Install in regulator and tighten the 2 retaining bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm) on the 2S-E, 3S-FE and 5S-FE engines, or to 82 inch lbs. (9.3 Nm) on the 4A-FE engine.
- Install the fuel return pipe or hose and tighten the pipe union bolt to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) on the 3S-FE and 5S-FE engines.
- Reconnect the vacuum sensing hose at the regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start engine and check for fuel leakage.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the throttle body assembly on the 3S-GTE engine (See Throttle Body).
- Disconnect the cold start injector pipe.
- Disconnect vacuum sensing hose.
- Place a suitable container or shop towel under the pressure regulator assembly. Slowly loosen the fuel return pipe union bolt. Disconnect the fuel return pipe from the pressure regulator.
- Loosen the pressure regulator lock nut and remove the pressure regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures. Torque the lock nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm). After service procedures are completed start engine check for fuel leakage.