REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles equipped with inflatable restraints or air bag systems, wait at least 30 seconds after disconnecting the battery cable before performing any other work. The backup power will keep the restraint system energized for a period of time after the battery is disconnected. Keep any flame away from area.
Except 3S-GE and 3S-GTE Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the vacuum sensing hose at the regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel return pipe or hose.
- Remove the retaining bolts and the regulator.
- Install in regulator and tighten the 2 retaining bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm) on the 2S-E, 3S-FE and 5S-FE engines, or to 82 inch lbs. (9.3 Nm) on the 4A-FE engine.
- Install the fuel return pipe or hose and tighten the pipe union bolt to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) on the 3S-FE and 5S-FE engines.
- Reconnect the vacuum sensing hose at the regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start engine and check for fuel leakage.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the throttle body assembly on the 3S-GTE engine (See Throttle Body).
- Disconnect the cold start injector pipe.
- Disconnect vacuum sensing hose.
- Place a suitable container or shop towel under the pressure regulator assembly. Slowly loosen the fuel return pipe union bolt. Disconnect the fuel return pipe from the pressure regulator.
- Loosen the pressure regulator lock nut and remove the pressure regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures. Torque the lock nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm). After service procedures are completed start engine check for fuel leakage.