REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles equipped with inflatable restraints or air bag systems, wait at least 30 seconds after disconnecting the battery cable before performing any other work. The backup power will keep the restraint system energized for a period of time after the battery is disconnected.
3S-FE, 3S-GTE and 5S-FE Engines
- Remove the throttle body from the vehicle (See Throttle Body).
- Remove the four screws that attach the Idle Speed Control (ISC) valve to the throttle body.
- Lift the ISC valve from the throttle body and remove the gasket.
- Discard the gasket and purchase a new one.
- Place the new gasket onto the throttle body.
- Install the isc valve onto the throttle body and install the four screws.
- Install the throttle body into the vehicle.
- Inspect the throttle linkage for freedom of movement.