REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Run the engine at idle with the air conditioning on for approximately 10 minutes, if possible.
- Stop the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect all electrical connections.
- Recover refrigerant (discharge system) from refrigeration system at an approved facility.
- Disconnect hoses from the compressor service valves. Cap open fittings immediately.
- Remove engine undercover, if necessary. Loosen the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor drive belt.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Install compressor with mounting bolts and torque retaining bolts evenly to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Install and adjust the drive belt. Install engine undercover, if necessary.
- Reconnect hoses to the compressor service valves and torque to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Reconnect all electrical connections.
- Reconnect the battery cable.
- Evacuate, charge and test refrigerant system at an approved facility. Check system for leaks.