REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recover refrigerant (discharge system) from refrigeration system at an approved facility.
- Remove the radiator grille and engine front under cover. Remove the horn and the center brace.
- Remove the condenser fan, if equipped.
- Disconnect the discharge hose and liquid tube, capping the openings immediately.
- Remove the nuts to remove the condenser.
- Install the condenser and connect the discharge hoses and liquid tube.
- Torque the liquid tube to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm) and the discharge hose to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the condenser fan, horn, radiator grille and engine front cover.
- Reconnect battery cable. Evacuate, add oil and charge the system using the proper equipment. Check system for leaks.