REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the center cluster finish panel (See ).
- Remove the radio, if necessary for clearance.
- Disconnect the control cables from the heater unit and water valve.
- Remove the screws and pull out the control assembly far enough to be able to disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust control cables as necessary. Connect the negative battery cable. Check operation of the system.
- To adjust the air mix damper control cable, set the air mix damper and control switch to the Cool position, install the control cable and lock the clamp.
- To adjust the air mix control cable, set the water valve and the temperature control switch to the Cool position, install the control cable and lock the clamp.
For the servo motor type temperature control switch, set the switch to cool when the ignition switch is on and the blower motor is running.