REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the cooling unit, if necessary for clearance (See Cooling Unit).
- Remove the heater hose clamps. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core. Remove the heater core pipe grommet.
- Remove the instrument panel (See ).
- Remove the instrument panel reinforcement No. 1 and No. 2 braces.
- Remove the duct heater to register No. 3 and remove the front defroster nozzle.
- Remove the heater unit.
- Install the heater unit in the vehicle.
- Install the front defroster nozzle and duct heater to register No. 3.
- Install the instrument panel reinforcement No. 1 and No. 2 braces.
- Install the instrument panel assembly.
- Install the heater core pipe grommets. Push the water hoses onto the heater core pipes as far as the ridge on the pipes. Reconnect the heater hoses use new hose clamps if necessary.
- Install the cooling unit assembly. Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check operation of heater and A/C system.