REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recover refrigerant (discharge system) from refrigeration system at an approved facility.
- Disconnect lines from the receiver. Cap open fittings immediately.
- Remove the receiver from the receiver holder assembly.
- Install receiver in receiver holder assembly.
- Reconnect lines to the receiver, torquing to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate, add oil to, charge and test refrigerant system at an approved facility. Check system for leaks.