REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box with the undercover.
- Before removing the thermistor, check the thermistor installed operation by measuring the resistance at the connector. The resistance should be 1,500 ohms at 25°C (77°F).
- Remove the thermistor by disconnecting the connector and removing the screw securing the thermistor to the cooling unit.
- Install the thermistor to the cooling unit and secure in position.
- Connect the connector and install the glove box.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Place the thermistor in cold water. While varying the temperature of the water, measure the resistance at the connector and, at the same time, measure the temperature of the water with a thermometer.
- Compare the 2 readings on the chart. If the intersection is not between the 2 lines, replace the thermistor.