REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door panel and water shield (See Door Panel).
- Disconnect the door outside opening linkage. Remove the two mounting bolts and remove the door handle, if necessary.
- Disconnect the lock cylinder control linkage.
- Remove the lock assembly retaining screws and remove the door lock. If equipped with power locks, disconnect the electrical connector.
- To remove the lock cylinder, remove the lock cylinder retaining clip and pull the cylinder from the door.
- Coat all the door lock sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Install the lock cylinder with the retaining clip.
- Install the lock assembly with the retaining screws. Connect the electrical connector if equipped with power door locks.
- Reconnect the lock mechanism linkage, install the door panel and water shield, then install the armrest and knobs, if removed.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal and check for proper operation of all door accessories.