REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 30 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door panel and water shield (See Door Panel).
- Disconnect the door outside opening linkage. Remove the two mounting bolts and remove the door handle, if necessary.
- Disconnect the lock cylinder control linkage.
- Remove the lock assembly retaining screws and remove the door lock. If equipped with power locks, disconnect the electrical connector.
- To remove the lock cylinder, remove the lock cylinder retaining clip and pull the cylinder from the door.
- Coat all the door lock sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Install the lock cylinder with the retaining clip.
- Install the lock assembly with the retaining screws. Connect the electrical connector if equipped with power door locks.
- Reconnect the lock mechanism linkage, install the door panel and water shield, then install the armrest and knobs, if removed.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal and check for proper operation of all door accessories.