REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Vehicles Without Air Bag System
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower dash cover and the air duct.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel. Refer to the necessary service procedure.
- Disconnect the wiring at the connector.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and remove the switch.
- When reinstalling, place the switch in correct position and tighten the bolts.
- Connect the wiring harness and reinstall the steering wheel.
- Reinstall the column cover(s).
- Install the lower dash trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check system for proper operation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before working on the vehicle.
- Remove (matchmark before removal) the steering wheel, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the instrument lower finish panel (as required), air duct and upper and lower column covers.
- Disconnect the combination switch connector.
- Disconnect the cable connectors, remove the spiral cable housing attaching screws and slide the cable assembly from the front of the combination switch.
- Remove the screws that attach the combination switch and remove from the vehicle.
- Position the combination switch onto the mounting bracket and install the retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the upper/lower column covers, air duct and instrument lower finish panel.
- Turn the spiral cable on the combination switch counterclockwise by hand until it becomes harder to turn. Then rotate the cable clockwise about 2 1 / 2 turns to align the red mark. The connector should be straight up.
- Install the steering wheel (align matchmarks) onto the shaft and torque nut to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Connect the air bag connector and install the steering pad.
- Connect the battery cable, check operation and the steering wheel center point.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check all combination switch functions for proper operation. Check the steering wheel center point.