REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unscrew the retaining screws and remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the 2 retaining screws and remove the steering column trim.
- Turn the ignition key to the Acc position.
- Push the lock cylinder stop in with a small, round object (cotter pin, punch, etc.) and pull out the ignition key and the lock cylinder.
- Loosen the mounting screws and withdraw the ignition switch from the column.
- Position the ignition switch so that the recess and the bracket tab are properly aligned. Install the retaining screw.
- Make sure that both the lock cylinder and the column lock are in the Acc position. Slide the cylinder into the lock housing until the stop tab engages the hole in the lock.
- Make certain the stop tab is firmly seated in the slot. Turn the key to each switch position, checking for smoothness of motions and a positive feel. Remove and insert the key a few times, each time turning the key to each switch position.
- Reinstall the combination switch and the steering wheel if they were removed.
- Install the steering column trim and the upper and lower column covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.