REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it safely. Remove the wheel.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut holding the tie rod to the steering knuckle.
- Using a tie rod separator, press the tie rod out of the knuckle.
- Matchmark the inner end of the tie rod to the end of the steering rack.
- Loosen the locknut and remove the tie rod (count the number turns out to remove the tie rod) from the steering rack.
- Install the tie rod end (count the same amount of turns in for correct installation) onto the rack ends and align the matchmarks made earlier.
- Tighten the locknut to 41 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Connect the tie rod to the knuckle. Tighten the tie rod to steering knuckle nut to 36 ft. lbs. and install a new cotter pin. Wrap the prongs of the cotter pin firmly around the flats of the nut.
- Install the wheel and lower the vehicle to the ground. Have the alignment checked at a reputable repair facility. The toe adjustment may have to be reset.