REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the lock position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
Front Wiper Assembly
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the motor from the firewall.
- Remove the wiper linkage from the wiper motor assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check wiper system for proper operation.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the wiper arm from the pivot and remove the spacer and washer on the pivot.
- Remove the cover (trim) panel on the inside of the hatch lid.
- Remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor and disconnect the wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the mounting nuts and bolts and remove the wiper motor.
- Position the motor and secure it in the hatch lid.
- Connect the wiring harness and install the plastic cover.
- Install the inner trim panel on the hatch lid.
- Install the wiper arm with its washer and spacer, making sure the arm is correctly positioned before tightening the nut.