REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If necessary, remove the lower instrument finish panel and heater to No. 2 register duct.
- Disconnect the wiring from the stop light switch.
- Loosen the stop light switch lock nut and remove the assembly.
- Position the switch and turn it until it lightly contacts the pedal stopper.
- Turn the stop light switch back one turn.
- Adjust the clearance A of the switch. This can be done by turning the switch assembly. Clearance between the switch and the brake pedal stopper should be 0.02-0.09 inch (0.5-2.4mm).
- Tighten the switch lock nut.
- Attach the wiring to the switch.
- Install the finish panel and heater duct.
- Check the operation of the switch. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine. Have an assistant observe the brake lights at the rear while you push lightly on the brake pedal. The lights should come on just as the brake pedal passes the point of free-play.
- Adjust the switch as necessary to get the correct response from the lights. The small amount of free-play in the pedal should not trigger the brake lights; if the switch is set incorrectly, the brake lights will flicker due to pedal vibration on road bumps.