See Figure 1
- Remove the sensor. Place the tip of the sensor in a pot of heated oil.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the two terminals. It should be as follows:
- 64-97k ohms at 112°F(50°C)
- 11-16k ohms at 212°F(100°C)
- 2-4k ohms at 302°F (150°C)
- If the resistance is not as specified, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- With the ignition OFF , unplug the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Using the proper sized wrench, carefully unscrew the sensor from the engine.
- Install the sensor.
- Plug the electrical connector into the sensor.
- Refill the coolant to the proper level. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.