REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 17
- Remove the rear seat back and cushion.
- On the quarter panel, remove the 3 screws, clip and trim upper panel. Extract the 2 screws, clip and lower trim panel.
Remove the headliner as follows:
- Using a clip removal tool, pull out the 3 clips.
- Remove the screw, the release the fastener tapes of the headliner from the No. 1 bow and the rear top cover.
- Remove the headliner from the No. 2 and No. 3 bow.
- Remove the headliner molding by sliding the No. 4 bow to the right.
When sliding the molding, be careful not to forcibly pull on the headliner. Otherwise the top cover will be torn off.
- Remove the quarter glass.
- Unscrew the quarter belt outer weather-strip. Using a short driver, remove the 2 screws on the side.
Perform these operations with the top cover half open and its quarter part loose.
- Using a short driver again, remove the 2 screws on the inner side and the 4 screws in the back.
- Disconnect the third brake light wiring. Extract the quarter and back belt molding from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the rear defogger and remove the rear boot well. The boot is held in by 15 retainers.
- Loosen the 15 nuts holding on the tack strip. Be very careful when removing it, it may bend quite easily.
- Unscrew and pull out the speaker, the disconnect the wiring.
- Unbolt the drive stack motor.
- On the top cover, remove the 4 nuts and pull off the top.
- Replace all the components in the reverse order of removal. Pay particular attention to the following.
- When sliding the headliner, be careful not to force it, otherwise damage can occur to the top cover.
- Tighten all nuts and screws securely, and double check all fasteners once the job is complete.
- Adjust the position of the top stack unstop by loosening the nut and turning the bolt when the bow control link is closed.
- Inspect the position of the bow control link downstop. With the top fully closed, measure the height of the front seal carrier from the quarter belt rear molding. Measurement height should be 3.93-4.09 inch (100-104mm).
- Adjust the position of the top stack downstop, loosen the nut to turn the downstop bolt when the bow control link is opened.
- To adjust the latch assembly, if there's clearance or level difference between the windshield from and the front edge of the top cover when the top cover is fully closed, adjust it by turning the screw.
- If a gap existed between the bow control link weatherstrip and the front door glass of the quarter window glass, use a hexagon wrench to turn the adjusting screw.