REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds from the time the negative battery was disconnected to start work.
All models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Section 6.
- On the liftback, remove the package tray trim panel, luggage compartment mat and deck trim cover.
- On all models, remove the rear seatback and cushion.
- Remove the side garnish.
- Remove the front and rear garnish using a tapped screwdriver.
- Apply tape to the vehicle to protect the finish and remove the screws holding the glass into the roof.
- Unbolt and remove the inner rear view mirror, sun visors, and the front assist grip, if equipped.
- Remove the headliner.
- Disconnect the wiring for the sliding roof control relay. Remove the bolt and extract the relay.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring, remove the fasteners and remove the drive motor.
- Remove the roof drip channel and wind deflector panel.
- Adjust the drive rail to a closed and tilted down position. Using a flat bladed tool, slide the link forward or rearward and align the 2 marks as shown.
- Slide the drive cable forwards and remove the 12 screws. Apply adhesive tape to protect the body. Pull the cable guide casing assembly forward to remove.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Position the roof onto the vehicle from above. Take notice of shim positioning and install in original location.
- Secure the screws holding the glass into the roof.
- Install the side guide rail trim covers.
- Turn the driveshaft with a screwdriver to align the housing and gear point mark. Apply adhesive to the installation bolts, then connect the electrical wiring, install the drive motor and install the fasteners.
- Install the sliding roof control relay.
- Install the wind deflector and secure on the vehicle with the retaining screws.
- Install the front side of the headliner and install the front pillar garnishes. Install the upper and the lower side garnishes, if removed.
- Install the inner rear view mirror, sun visors, and the front assist grip, if equipped.
- Install the roof switch and cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Before making any roof adjustments, remove the left and right sliding roof garnishes. After the adjustment, reinstall the garnishees.
- To adjust the level difference:
- To adjust the forward/rearward adjustment:
To adjust the right or left:
- Adjust by loosening the roof glass installation nuts, then move the roof to the right or left.
- To adjust the clearance:
Inspect the alignment:
- Start the engine and check the operation of the sliding roof. Time should be approximately 6 seconds.
- Check for abnormal noises or binding heard during operation.
- With the roof fully closed, check for water leakage.
Check for the difference in level between the roof, weather-strip and roof panel.
Front end-0.059-0.059 inch (1.5-1.5mm)
- If the sliding roof does not operate, remove the control switch cover and the large screw inside. Manually operate the roof by inserting a screwdriver into the hole and turning the driveshaft.