REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds from the time the negative battery was disconnected to start work.
- On the liftback, remove the package tray trim panel, luggage compartment mat and deck trim cover.
- On all models, remove the rear seatback and cushion.
- Remove the side garnish.
- Remove the front and rear garnish using a tapped screwdriver.
- Apply tape to the vehicle to protect the finish and remove the screws holding the glass into the roof.
- Unbolt and remove the inner rear view mirror, sun visors, and the front assist grip, if equipped.
- Remove the headliner.
- Disconnect the wiring for the sliding roof control relay. Remove the bolt and extract the relay.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring, remove the fasteners and remove the drive motor.
- Remove the roof drip channel and wind deflector panel.
- Adjust the drive rail to a closed and tilted down position. Using a flat bladed tool, slide the link forward or rearward and align the 2 marks as shown.
- Slide the drive cable forwards and remove the 12 screws. Apply adhesive tape to protect the body. Pull the cable guide casing assembly forward to remove.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Position the roof onto the vehicle from above. Take notice of shim positioning and install in original location.
- Secure the screws holding the glass into the roof.
- Install the side guide rail trim covers.
- Turn the driveshaft with a screwdriver to align the housing and gear point mark. Apply adhesive to the installation bolts, then connect the electrical wiring, install the drive motor and install the fasteners.
- Install the sliding roof control relay.
- Install the wind deflector and secure on the vehicle with the retaining screws.
- Install the front side of the headliner and install the front pillar garnishes. Install the upper and the lower side garnishes, if removed.
- Install the inner rear view mirror, sun visors, and the front assist grip, if equipped.
- Install the roof switch and cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Before making any roof adjustments, remove the left and right sliding roof garnishes. After the adjustment, reinstall the garnishees.
- To adjust the level difference:
- To adjust the forward/rearward adjustment:
To adjust the right or left:
- Adjust by loosening the roof glass installation nuts, then move the roof to the right or left.
- To adjust the clearance:
Inspect the alignment:
- Start the engine and check the operation of the sliding roof. Time should be approximately 6 seconds.
- Check for abnormal noises or binding heard during operation.
- With the roof fully closed, check for water leakage.
Check for the difference in level between the roof, weather-strip and roof panel.
Front end-0.059-0.059 inch (1.5-1.5mm)
- If the sliding roof does not operate, remove the control switch cover and the large screw inside. Manually operate the roof by inserting a screwdriver into the hole and turning the driveshaft.