See Figure 1
Flip the ball joint stud back and forth several times before installing the nut. Using a torque wrench turn the nut continuously one turn each 2-4 seconds and take the torque reading on the 5th turn. Tightening torque should be 9-26 inch lbs. (1-3 Nm).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the cotter pin from the lower ball joint. Discard the cotter pin.
- Remove the ball joint retaining bolts securing it to the lower control arm.
- Position a puller over the lower control arm and separate the ball joint from the arm.
- Install the lower ball joint and tighten the nut to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Insert a new cotter pin and bend the end to secure.