REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Disconnect the negative battery cable and properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- If equipped with a drain plug position a large capacity waste drain receptacle under the drain plug.
- Remove the drain plug and gasket. Discard the gasket and purchase a new one.
- If not equipped with a drain plug obtain an approved pumping device and drain a sufficient amount of fuel from the tank.
- Remove the luggage compartment mat. Remove the cover over the tank sending unit and hose connections. Disconnect the gauge electrical harness and the vent, feed and fuel return hoses. Disconnect the fuel inlet filler neck.
- With the aid of an assistant, support the tank and remove the tank strap bolts. Lower the tank and remove it from the vehicle.
To make the installation easier, label and tag all fuel lines and electrical connections.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be careful not to twist or kink any of the hoses. Check for leaks.