REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the air hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Place a suitable container and shop rag under the pressure regulator.
- To disconnect the fuel return pipe from the fuel pressure regulator, slowly remove the union bolt and gaskets to separate the pipe.
- Unbolt the regulator and pull the unit out.
- Remove the O-ring and discard.
- Apply a light coat of fuel to the new O-ring, and install the regulator.
- Attach the regulator to the delivery pipe.
- Check that the regulator rotates smoothly.
If the regulator does not rotate smoothly, the O-ring may be pinched. Remove the regulator and install another new O-ring and reinstall the assembly.
- Secure the regulator and tighten the bolts to 48 inch lbs. 95 Nm).