REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the cable at the negative battery terminal. Wait at least 90 seconds once the battery cable is disconnected to perform any work. This will hinder the air bag from deploying.
Models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in this section.
- Remove the lower finish panel.
- Unscrew and extract the No. 2 heater air duct.
- Disconnect the A/C control cables from the heater unit and cable guide.
- Unscrew and remove the upper console panel.
- Remove the center cluster panel.
- Remove the control panel screws and pull the unit from the dash until the wiring connectors are exposed.
- Disconnect the wiring.
- Attach the wiring to the back of the control unit.
- Position the control assembly into the dash and secure with the retaining screws.
- Install and secure the center cluster finish panel and upper console panel.
- Attach the control cables and adjust.
- Install the No. 2 heater air duct and lower finish panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Reset any electrical components such as the radio and clock.