REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the door panel to gain access to the regulator assembly.
- Remove the service hole cover.
- Lower the regulator until the door glass is in the fully open position.
- Remove the glass channel mount bolts.
- Pull the glass up and out of the door.
- If equipped, unbolt and remove the inside door panel frame.
- If equipped with power windows, disconnect the electrical wiring.
- Remove the equalizer arm bracket mounting bolts.
- Remove the window regulator mounting nuts and extract the regulator (with the power window motor attached) through the service hole.
- Coat all the window regulator sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Place the regulator (with the power window motor) through the service hole and install the mounting nuts. Connect the power window connector if equipped.
- Place the glass into the door cavity.
- Connect the glass to the regulator with the channel mount bolts.
- With the equalizer arm, raise the glass to the almost closed position and make sure that the leading and trailing edges of the glass are equidistant from the top of the glass channel. If not, adjust the equalizer arm to achieve an even fit.
Check the door glass as follows:
- If when closing the door with the glass fully closed, the A-A and B-B sections are in the same condition as shown in the illustration.
- When you push the glass in firmly from inside, the glass stops at the roof drip molding and does not move.
- When you close the door with the glass fully closed, the glass is not caught in the outside lip of the weatherstrip and does not touch the roof drip molding.
With the door shut the glass moves smoothly. The upper edge of the glass can not be seen from the outside of the vehicle.
If any of these conditions is not met, adjust the glass as follows:
- Upper side of the glass-in and out-Remove the 2 lower plate bolts and lower plate.
- Adjust the glass by turning the setting nut. Reinstall the lower plate and tighten the bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- In case the glass doers not fit the mirror bracket, loosen the lower nut of the bracket.
Using a hexagon wrench, adjust the mirror bracket to the in/out position by turning the stud bolt. Tighten the bolt to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- To adjust the lower side of the glass-in and out perform the following:
To position the forward/rearward and attitude of the glass perform the following:
- Loosen the 3 bolts of the carrier plate and adjust. Tighten the bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- To position the vertical attitude of the glass perform the following:
- Install the service hole cover.
- Install the door panel.