REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Turn the ignition key to the LOCK position. Disconnect the negative battery cable. All models are equipped with an air bag, so wait at least 90 seconds from the time the negative battery was disconnected to start work.
- Remove the door panel and watershield. Remove the service hole cover.
- Disconnect the door outside opening linkage. Remove the two mounting bolts and remove the door handle if in need of replacement.
- Disconnect the lock cylinder control linkage.
- Remove the lock knob and the child protector lock lever knob.
- Remove the three lock assembly retaining screws and the door lock. If equipped with power locks, disconnect the electrical wiring.
- To remove the lock cylinder, remove the lock cylinder retaining clip and pull the cylinder from the door.
- Coat all the door lock sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Install the outside handle with the two retaining bolts, if removed.
- Install the door lock solenoid linkage to the door lock.
- Connect the link to the outside handle.
- Install the lock knob and the child protector lock lever knob.
- Install the door opening control link.
- Install the door lock cylinder control linkage.
- Install the door panel and watershield.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.