REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Loosen the rear wheel lugnuts on the side of the vehicle you are performing work on.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle. Remove the wheel.
- Remove the rear caliper assembly.
- Pull off the rear brake disc.
- Remove the parking brake shoes.
- Using pliers, disconnect the parking brake cable form the parking brake shoe lever.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the parking brake shoe lever of the rear shoe.
- Install the parking brake shoes.
- Install the rear brake disc. Adjust the parking brake shoe clearance.
- Attach the rear caliper assembly.
- Install the wheel, lower the vehicle and settle the parking brake shoes and disc.
- Recheck and adjust the parking brake lever.
See Figures 2 and 3
Adjusting the parking brake cables can be done from inside the vehicle.
- Pull the parking brake lever all the way up and count the number of clicks. The correct number of clicks should be 4-7.
Before adjusting the parking brake, make sure the rear shoe clearance has been adjusted. for shoe clearance adjustment, refer to the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the console box.
- Loosen the locknut and turn the adjusting nut until the lever travel is correct.
- Tighten the locknut to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the console box.