REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Place the ignition switch in the LOCK position. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before working on the vehicle to hinder air bag deployment.
Some models covered by this guide may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Section 6.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds once the cable has been disconnected before
- Remove the cover over the lock cylinder.
- Place the key in the ACC position, then push the pin located on the top of the cylinder in and pull.
- Insert the lock assembly. Align the pin and the assembly should just slip right into place.
- Install the ring over the lock cylinder.
- Test the key movements.
- Connect the negative battery cable.