REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 15
- Place the ignition in the LOCK position and disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds once the batter cable is disconnected to hinder the air bag deployment.
- Place the front wheels straight ahead.
- Remove the No. 2 and No. 3 covers from the side of the steering wheel.
- Using a Torx® wrench, loosen the T30 Torx® screws till the groove of the circumference catches the screw case.
When removing the Torx® head screws, they must be loosened enough till the groove along the screws circumference catches on the screw case.
- Pull the pad out from the steering wheel and disconnect the SRS wiring.
- Disconnect the wiring for the horn ect.
- Place matchmarks on the steering wheel nut and shaft. Remove the steering wheel nut.
- Using a puller, remove the steering wheel.
Align the matchmarks on the steering wheel and main shaft, then install the wheel to the shaft.
- Tighten the center wheel nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Connect the horn wiring.
- Attach the SRS wiring.
When installing the pad, make sure the wiring does not interfere with the other parts and is not pinched between other parts.
- Install the pad after confirming that the circumference groove of the Torx screws is caught on the screw case.
- Using a Torx® wrench, tighten the screws to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
Make sure that the pad has not been dropped, or there are cracks, dents or any other defects in the case or connection. If so, replace the pad with a new one.
- Check the steering wheel center point. Have the tires pointed straight ahead, rock the steering wheel gently back and forth with light finger pressure. Freeplay should not be more than 1.18 inch (30mm). If incorrect repair.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Reset any electrical components such as the radio.