REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Place the ignition switch in the LOCK position. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before working on the vehicle to hinder air bag deployment.
- Remove the steering wheel, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Disconnect the combination switch wiring.
- Disconnect the cable wiring, remove the spiral cable housing attaching screws and slide the cable assembly from the front of the combination switch.
- Remove the screws that attach the combination switch to its mounting brackets and extract the assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the combination switch onto the mounting bracket and install the retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical wiring.
- Install the upper/lower column covers.
- Turn the spiral cable on the combination switch counterclockwise by hand until it becomes harder to turn (roughly 3 turns). Then rotate the cable clockwise about 3 turns to align the alignment mark.
The spiral cable will rotate about 3 turns to either the left or the right of the center.
- Install the steering wheel onto the shaft and tighten nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Connect the air bag wiring and install the steering pad as outlined.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check all combination switch functions for proper operation.
- Check the steering wheel center point. Have the tires pointed straight ahead, rock the steering wheel gently back and forth with light finger pressure. Freeplay should not be more than 1.18 inch (30mm). If incorrect repair.