REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
For easy removal of the wiper arms, operate the wipers and turn the ignition switch OFF when the wiper arms are half-way in a downward sweep.
- Remove the front wiper arms.
- Lift off the cowl top ventilator louver.
- Remove the 6 bolts of the wiper linkage.
- Disconnect the wiring, then loosen the wiper motor bolts.
- Removing the wiring harness with bracket in front of the wiper motor will aide in removal of one of the motor bolts.
- Raise the wiper arms in about the 10 o' clock position. This will allow the wiper linkage claw to be pulled far enough out to clamp onto the firewall.
- Clip the claw of the wiper link on to the panel. Disconnect the motor from the wiper link, then pull the motor forward to remove.
A large pry bar will be necessary to separate the wiper motor from the linkage. The claw of the linkage should be secured on the firewall to separate the components.
- Pull the wiper link through the service hole.
- Insert the linkage through the service hole. Secure with the retaining bolts.
- Clip the claw of the wiper link on the panel.
- Connect the motor to the wiper link. Tighten the bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the cowl top ventilator louver.
- Install the wiper arm and blade assembly. Adjust the position of the arm and blade and tighten the nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Remove the wiper arm and blade.
- Carefully remove the rear door inner panel. Inspect all trim panel clips and replace any that may have been damaged during removal.
- Disconnect the wiper motor wring and loosen the retaining bolts.
- Extract the motor through the hole in the door.
- Insert the wiper motor through the opening in the door. Place the motor over the mounting holes and secure with the bolts.
- Attach the wring to the motor.
- Place the trim cover on the door and press down hard enough to engage the clips.
- Close the rear door and attach the wiper arm and blade assembly.
- Align the wiper arm. Operate the arm and blade assembly and turn off the switch while the arm is in the upright position.
- The wiper blade should be approximately an inch from the edge of the glass as shown in the illustration.