When shifting the lever from the N position to the other positions, check that the lever can be shifted smoothly and accurately to each position and that the position indicator correctly indicates the position. If the indicator is not aligned with the correct position, carry out the adjustment procedure.
- Loosen the swivel nut on the manuals shift lever.
- Push the control shaft lever fully toward the right side of the vehicle.
- Return the control shaft lever two notches to the N position.
- Set the shift lever to the N position.
- While holding the shift lever lightly toward the R position side, tighten the shift lever nut to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Check that the throttle valve is fully closed.
- Check that the inner cable is NOT slack.
- Measure the distance between the outer cable end and stopper on the cable. Standard boot and cable stopper distance should be 0-0.04 inch 90-1mm).
- If the distance is not within specifications, adjust the cable using the adjusting nuts.