- Run the engine at idle speed with the a/c on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stop engine.
- Disconnect negative terminal cable from the battery.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the refrigeration system.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the drive belt.
Disconnect the discharge and suction hose from the compressor by removing the two bolts and hoses.
NOTECap the open fitting immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the compressor.
Remove the three bolts and the compressor.
- Install the compressor with the 3 bolts. Torque to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the connector.
- Lubricate 2 new O-rings with compressor oil and install them to the hoses.
Connect the both hoses with the 2 bolts. Torque to 7 ft. lbs.(10 Nm)
NOTEHose should be connected immediately after the caps have been removed.
- Install the drive belt
- Connect the battery cable.
- Recharge the system with refrigerant. Specified amount: 650 ± 50 g (22.93 ± 1.76 oz.)
- Inspect for leaks by using a gas leak detector.
- Inspect the a/c operation.