- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work. Refer to Section 7 for all air bag warnings.
Work must NOT be started until after 90 seconds from the time the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative battery cable has been disconnected. The SRS is equipped with a back-up power source so that if work is started within 90 seconds of disconnecting the negative battery cable, the SRS may deploy. When the negative terminal cable is disconnected from the battery, memory of the clock and radio will be canceled. Before you start working, make a note of the contents memorized by the audio memory system. When you have finished working, reset the audio systems and adjust the clock. NEVER use a back-up power supply from outside the vehicle.
- Removed the instrument lower finish panel.
- Unscrew and extract the heater air duct No. 2.
- Disengage the adjusting clip at the heater/cooling unit end of the cable.
- Disengage the end of the control cables from the control lever.
- Remove the cables from the vehicle.
- Attach the cables to the end of the lever on the A/C or heater box.
- Route the cables through the dash to the control levers and secure to the back of the unit.
- Adjust the cables.
- Install the control panel and other related components.
- Connect the negative battery cable.