Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Pry and remove the lower console box cover.
- Remove the two upper trim panel retaining screws, then pry off the upper panel.
It is easier to pry the panels off if you place the flat bladed tool right under the attaching clips.
- Disconnect the wiring from the switches (such as clock and hazard warning) in the trim panel.
- Loosen and remove the retaining screws for the radio.
- Remove the radio with bracket from the dash until the wiring connectors are exposed.
- Disconnect the electrical harness and the antenna cable from the body of the radio and withdraw the radio from the vehicle.
- Reconnect all the wiring and antenna cable first, then place the radio in position within the dash.
- Install the attaching screws.
- Reconnect the wiring harnesses to the switches if so equipped in the trim panel and make sure the switches if so equipped are secure in the panel.
- Install the trim panel (make sure all the spring clips engage) and secure.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check radio system for proper operation. Reset all other electoral components such as the clock if equipped.