Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds once the battery cable is disconnected to work on the vehicle. this will hinder air bag deployment.
It may be easier to work on the instrument panel if the steering wheel is removed.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the front pillar lower garnish, front pillar garnish and door scuff inside plate. Carefully pry away the cowl side trim board.
- Unscrew and pull off the steering wheel column cover.
- Using a taped flat bladed tool, carefully pry the lower console trim panel around the edges near the clip locations.
- If necessary, under the steering column, remove the No. 1 lower finish panel, finish panel and the heater-to-register duct No. 2.
- Pulling off the combination switch assembly may aide in removal if you are stuck in a tight situation.
- Around the upper trim panel are screws retaining it to the instrument panel, remove them.
- On the lower dash trim, remove the bolts and pull the panel off to access the cluster screws.
- Remove the bolts around the finish panel for the cluster.
- Remove the four bolts holding the combination meter into the dash.
- Carefully maneuver the assembly from the dash.
- Disconnect any harnesses from the back of the meter.
- If bulb replacement is necessary, now is the time to do it. Simply pop out or unscrew the bulbs or socket to replace them.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Be sure to attach all electrical wiring to each component snug. Secure all components and connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and make sure all components work properly. Are all the bulbs in working order-