- Remove the rear wheel.
- Adjust the brake shoe clearance.
- Install the rear wheel.
- Pull the parking brake lever to the fully applied position, and count the number of clicks (6 to 9 is optimal).
- Remove the rear console box sub-assembly.
- Loosen the lock nut and turn the adjusting nut until the lever travel turns correct.
- Tighten the lock nut to 44 in. lbs. (5 Nm) of torque.
- Install the rear console box assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Loosen the rear wheel lugnuts on the side of the vehicle you are performing work on.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle. Remove the wheel.
- Remove the rear caliper assembly.
- Pull off the rear brake disc.
- Remove the parking brake shoes.
- Using pliers, disconnect the parking brake cable form the parking brake shoe lever.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the parking brake shoe lever of the rear shoe.
- Install the parking brake shoes.
- Install the rear brake disc. Adjust the parking brake shoe clearance.
- Attach the rear caliper assembly.
- Install the wheel, lower the vehicle and settle the parking brake shoes and disc.
- Recheck and adjust the parking brake lever.