- Disconnect the pressure tube from the power steering pump.
- Loosen the drive belt.
Remove the retaining bolts.
- Replace the retaining bolts and torque them to 26 ft. lbs.(35 Nm).
- Adjust the drive belt tension.
- Connect the pressure tube to the power steering pump.
- Bleed the system.
- Remove the luggage compartment trim box cover.
- Disconnect the ECU Connectors.
- Remove the clip and disconnect the return hose.
- Disconnect the pressure feed tube.
- Remove the two bolts and the pump.
- Install the pump and the two bolts. Torque to 14 ft. lbs.(19 Nm).
- Replace the pressure feed tube.
- Replace the clip and reconnect the return hose.
- Replace the luggage compartment trim box cover.
- Remove the right side engine under cover.
- Disconnect the return and feed tubes. Do NOT allow the fluid to spill on the drive belt.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses.
- Unbolt and remove the power steering pump with the bracket.
- Remove the bracket from the pump.
- Install the components in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the 12mm pump bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19Nm) and the 14mm bolts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Attach the pressure feed tube to the pump, be sure to install the gasket. tighten the union bolt to 38 ft. lbs. (52 Nm). Make sure the stopper of the pressure feed tube is touching the tube, then tighten the bolt.
- Install the drive belt and adjust the tension.
- Bleed the power steering system.