Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Support the rear axle beam.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Lower the axle slowly and remove the spring
- Position the upper insulator so that its gap fits into the end of the spring.
- Place the lower insulator on the axle.
- Raise the axle while positioning the shock. Torque the lower bolt to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Position the lower nut on the rod so that the rod protrudes 15-18mm above the nut.
Install or connect the following:
Upper nut. Torque the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).