REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the clevis pin.
- Detach the hydraulic line from the tube.
- Unfasten the bolts which secure the master cylinder to the fire wall. Withdraw the assembly.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Bleed the system as detailed following. Adjust the clutch pedal height and free-play as previously detailed.
Overhaul and assemble the master cylinder only in a clean working area.
- Clamp the master cylinder body in a vise with soft jaws.
- Separate the reservoir assembly from the master cylinder.
- Remove the snapring and remove the pushrod/piston assembly.
- Inspect all of the parts and replace nay which are worn or defective.
- Coat all parts with clean brake fluid, prior to assembly.
- Install the piston assembly in the cylinder bore.
- Fit the pushrod over the washer and secure them with the snapring.
- Install the reservoir.