REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The oil pressure regulator should be removed and checked whenever the lash adjusters have been removed and bled.
- Remove the No. 3 timing belt cover (see Timing Belt in this section). Remove the timing belt cover stay.
- Unbolt and remove the oil pressure regulator and gasket.
- Install a new gasket to the oil pressure regulator and bolt to the engine.
- Install the timing cover stay.
- Install the timing belt cover.
See Figure 3
Unscrew the relief valve plug, then remove the spring and valve. Wipe all parts clean with a rag, and flush out the regulator body with solvent. Blow the body out with compressed air or let air dry; do not wipe out with a rag, as it may leave lint particles. Check the relief valve for scoring or wear; replace if wear is evident.
Reassemble the regulator in the reverse order of disassembly. Using a new gasket, install the regulator on the cylinder head. Install the timing cover stay and timing belt cover. Check for leaks when the engine is first started.