See Figure 1
This procedure applies only to those models with manual transmissions. If your car has an automatic transmission, leave removal of the oil seal to a professional mechanic.
- Remove the transmission as detailed in Drive Train .
- Remove the clutch cover assembly and flywheel. See Drive Train also.
- Remove the oil seal retaining plate, complete with the oil seal.
- Use a small prybar to pry the old seal from the retaining plate. Be careful not to damage the plate.
- Install the new seal, carefully, by using a block of wood to drift it into place.
- Lubricate the lips of the seal with multi-purpose grease.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order from removal.