REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The following procedure covers front oil seal and oil pump seal removal with the front timing belt case removed from the block. It is possible to remove the seal with the case installed, but a special service tool is required.
- Remove the timing belt covers, timing belt assembly and lower timing pulleys from the engine.
- Remove the timing belt case (the rear section of the timing belt cover) from the cylinder block.
- Using a small prybar, remove the front oil seal and the pump drive oil seal. Do not gouge the case.
- Apply a multi-purpose grease to the lips of the new oil seals. Carefully install the new seals using an old socket or oil seal tool.
- Reinstall all parts in the reverse order of removal.