REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The 5M-GE timing belt case oil seal replacement is covered following the Timing Belt removal procedure for that engine.8R-C, 18R-C, 4M-E and 5M-E Engines
- Remove the timing chain cover, as previously detailed in the appropriate section.
- Inspect the oil seal for signs of wear, leakage, or damage.
- If worn, pry the old oil seal out, using a suitable prybar. Remove it toward the front of the cover.
Once the oil seal has been removed, it must be replaced with a new one.
- Use a socket, pipe, or block of wood and a hammer to drift the oil seal into place. Work from the front of the cover.
- Install the timing chain cover as previously outlined.
When repairing the oil pump, the oil pan and strainer should be removed and cleaned.
- Remove the fan shroud and fan assembly.
- Remove all drive belts.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Unbolt the oil pump from the front cover and remove.
- Using a suitable prybar, remove the old oil seal from the pump.
- Lightly oil the new seal, and using an old socket or block of wood and hammer, carefully drive the new seal into place, working from the front of the pump.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.