REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air cleaner casing on the 5M-GE engine.
- Unfasten the fan shroud securing bolts and remove the fan shroud, if so equipped.
- Loosen the alternator adjusting link bolt and remove the drive belt.
- Repeat Step 3 for the air and/or power steering pump drive belt, if so equipped.
- Detach the bypass hose from the water pump.
- Unfasten the water pump retaining bolts and remove the water pump and fan assembly, using care not to damage the radiator with the fan.
If the fan is equipped with a fluid coupling, do not tip the fan/pump assembly on its side, as the fluid will run out.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Always use a new gasket between the pump body and its mounting. Remember to check for leaks after installation is completed.