Never operate the radio without a speaker; severe damage to the output transistors will result. If the speaker must be replaced, use a speaker of the correct impedance (ohms) or else the output transistors will be damaged and require replacement.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 12
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the attaching screws from the trim panel.
- Remove the trim panel, being careful of the concealed spring clips behind the panel.
- If necessary, disconnect the wiring from the switches mounted in the trim panel.
- Remove the mounting screws from the radio.
- Remove the radio from the dash until the wiring connectors are exposed.
- Unplug the electrical connectors and the antenna cable from the body of the radio and remove the radio from the car.
- Reconnect all the wiring and antenna cable first, then place the radio in position within the dash.
- Install the attaching screws.
- Reconnect the wiring harnesses to the switches in the trim panel and make sure the switches are secure in the panel.
- Install the trim panel (make sure all the spring clips engage) and install the screws.
- Check radio system for proper operation.